Stephen Colbert was too late to get on the ballot in South Carolina, so he asked his supporters to vote for Herman Cain to show support for him. Was the potential candidate able to move the needle? With 99% of precincts reporting, Cain has 6274 votes to 2430 for Rick Perry, 1130 for Jon Huntsman, and 485 for Michele Bachmann. Cain’s performance, with the backing of Colbert, is decisive- he has won a majority of the votes received by candidates who have dropped out. With this performance, we believe Colbert and Cain can proceed to Dropped Out-Republican Convention and compete for the non-nomination. Looking forward to seeing the Colbert campaign capitalize on this victory and move on to Florida.
- Red Right Returning…South Carolina Edition (538refugees.wordpress.com)
- Stephen Colbert Asks South Carolina to “Rock Me Like a Herman Cain”! (colbertnewshub.com)
- Stephen Colbert’s Super PAC: Vote for ‘Herman Cain’ (newsfeed.time.com)
- A Vote For Cain Is A Vote For Colbert (eoghann.com)
- S. Carolina Final: Raising Cain (bagnewsnotes.com)
- New Colbert SuperPAC Ad Encourages SC To Vote For ‘Herman Cain’ (Stephen Colbert) (mediaite.com)
- Now I’m Confused (news.icanhascheezburger.com)