Gretchen Reynolds of Well reports on a recent study on exercise habits around the world, and tells us that 43.3% of Americans do not meet the recommended low threshold for exercise. With the Olympic fast approaching, and America likely to be at or near the top in medals won, America’s exercise gap may be as wide as its income gap. While the gap between active and inactive in America may be widening, the world is now catching up with America in the inactivity department.We guess that it’s a fat world after all.
- Physical inactivity kills as many people as smoking(newscientist.com)
- Britons take less exercise than Americans, study shows(standard.co.uk)
- Most Adults And Teens Not Exercising And At High Risk Of Disease(medicalnewstoday.com)
- Well: The Couch Potato Goes Global(well.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Lack of Exercise as Deadly as Smoking, Study Finds(healthland.time.com)