We know you try to protect your child from all harm. We know you would never knowingly expose them to danger of any kind. But what you may not know could hurt them. A common household item was recently deemed so dangerous by Britain’s National Health Service in Manchester that they have prohibited adult employees from using the item, and warned that existing stock must be ‘carefully disposed of immediately’. The items, which are likely present in every child’s backpack and desk, and are easily accessible in most homes, were banned after several injuries in recent months.
So, parents, throw away, make that, carefully dispose of all your paper clips. Your children’s lives may be at stake.
- Paper clips banned due to injuries (boingboing.net)