Coley Oneal Mitchell had a plan. A bad plan. We’re not quite sure what it was, but the 32 year old lab technician was “found drunk, partially nude in locker room while 2 monkeys loose in lab“, so the plan must have been pretty darn bad.
Mitchell was arrested and charged with public drunkenness. The university reports:
“No animals were harmed during the incident, but the university takes the allegations very seriously. GHSU does not condone behavior that conflicts with the research, education and clinical missions of the university and employees are expected to conduct themselves, at all times, with integrity and respect.”
We are told the monkeys were not harmed and they were checked by a veterinarian, who reported the monkeys are fine.
- Drunk, half-naked lab worker arrested after allegedly partying with monkeys (rawstory.com)
- Lab Tech Found Drunk With Monkeys Loose (personalliberty.com)
- Arrest Over Lab Behavior (insidehighered.com)
- Drunk Guy Parties ‘Partially Nude’ with Monkeys in Research Lab; No Surprise That Haters Do Not Understand [Monkeys] (gawker.com)
- Drunk Georgia Man Arrested for Partying With Animals (complex.com)